This week the MERANO left Denton and went to new owners GPS Marine at Upnor under the new name of GPS SIMLA following the fleet names used by William Watkins (Simla,Cervia,Vincia etc)

Built in 1949 as FALGARTH she was operated by Cory/Mercantile from 1949 until 1982 when sold to Bunny Birthwright at Gravesend who have operated the tug until selling her to GPS Marine recently.

photo by Barney Hunt 2004
Photo by Martin K

It is not known yet where she will be put to work but it could be likely used in Deptford Creek for Tideway which would be great to see these old tosher tugs working again and in the environment they were so often used in and masters of!